Friday, August 28, 2009

Hairdo: Scarf tying

While I was preparing for my first LARP week, oh, back in 2005, I spent a lot of time cutting and sewing garb and costumes while watching Era music videos. One that inspired me greatly was Misere Mani.


I really liked the costume worn by Irene Bustamante, who plays the role of the mother / singer (and this has nothing to do with the fact that she is, in my eyes, the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, no sir...). I often wondered how to wrap scarves the way she wears hers in said video. Then, recently, I was sent a link for some Jewish online clothing store (through a costuming list I belong to) that also features scarf wearing tutorials; I need wonder no more. Her scarf tying technique is called The Crown. The little blind girl's scarf is apparently The Classic Tie.

And for those of us who watched The Mists of Avalon (2001) and wondered how the maids could wear a braided head wrap (I sure did), this is how you do The Braid.

For all of the different scarf tying technique, go to Head Scarf tying instructions.

Now none of you have any excuse not to cover your head the next time you go to a Medieval Event (if you don't and you get a heat stroke, listen to my voice in your ear that tells you "You deserve it: you should have listen to Gwenyver, she is always right!" - mwahaha).

No comments:

Post a Comment