Friday, September 18, 2009

Shopping Alert - Costumes in Fashion: T-Strap shoes

Yes, more shoes to buy that can be used for costumes! Have you noticed how many t-strap shoes are on the market this year? I was looking for a (cheap) pair like crazy last fall. (I would have found one had I been ready to pay top dollar!) Why? Because last year, Nancy-Raven decided to add a theme to her annual Halloween party: the Roaring 20's. Nothing wrong with that, I love a theme as much as the next costumer, but I'm a perfectionist, and I had to go to the party with the wrong shoes (which no one noticed, really).

Here are two that I have found that could be used for historical (20th century) costuming:


Unforgettable Moments by Lela Rose Diana T-Strap Pump (Payless ShoeSource)

These are from their Bridal collection, so they only come in white, but they're only 24.99$ (USD) so you can always spray paint them to change their colour if you need them, say, black (mind you, I'm sure you can find some black ones if you take the time to look around).

Auffrey (Spring)

These look very much like Character Shoes (Ballroom Dance shoes), which are perfect for a 1920's look, except that these particular shoes have this little frill down the T-Strap. Not very historical, but I still like them. They do have that little romantic Je ne sais quoi, and you can get them in Neutral, Grey or Black.

So if any of you need T-Strap shoes, now is the time to buy. I've only given you a couple of examples, but really there are plenty in stores.

As for Nancy-Raven's Roaring 20's party, it turned out great, and we all looked fabulous.

Flapper Ladies

I wore teal of course (more on that dress in a future post, sometime in October), and Nancy-Raven made herself a red dress. Also note that, although I'm holding a wine glass, I was drinking Sprite as I was 5 1/2 month pregnant. (The two other girls are some of Nancy-Raven's co-workers. The guy in the back seen in the center of the picture is my Sweetheart, while the one wearing a hat is a friend of Nancy-Raven's Honey.)

3 comments:

  1. Cool ! JE devrais m'en trouver une paire pour aller avec mon JOLI petit chapeau style 20-30 ( il me semble que j'En ai vu dans les deux époque... tu sais, les chapeaux comme dans Blanche ? Mais je crois qu'en fait c'Est fin 20 débtu 30. hahaha.

    Merci pour l'alerte :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. En effet, ça fait très bien pour les années '30 aussi.

    Moi aussi j'ai un chapeau-cloche: il est en feutre rouge vin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moi il est couleur marine ^^ Et je peux changer la petite déco sur le côté, et en faire moi même par le fait même ^^

    J'aimerais bien voir le tien un jour ! ^^

    ReplyDelete