Monday, September 7, 2009

Movie Monday: Romy and Michele's High School Reunion

This week's movie is: Romy and Michele's High School Reunion. What??? But that's like, from the 90's?! Yes it is! 1997 to be exact. But you see, this Thursday is mine and Nancy-Raven's 10 year High School reunion (yes, we're that old), and back then, we were the ones at the bottom of the social pyramid on which even nerd picked on. We used to both love that movie and think: "Just you wait! When our 10 year High School reunion, we'll be successful, have boyfriends, look awesome...".


In the movie, the two main characters try to get boyfriends, get better jobs (one of them is a cashier, the other one is unemployed), and lose weight before their Reunion. So let's compare ourselves to this list, shall we?

  • Boyfriends: Both Nancy-Raven and I are in long lasting relationships and we both live with our respective boyfriends (I even have a baby with mine). Check!

  • Jobs: Nancy-Raven is a baker and chocolatier (everyone should have a best friend who feeds you croissants and chocolate) and I'm a costumer. Check!
  • Loose weight: Well, isn't that every girl's constant wish? For my part, I am currently about 15 pounds heavier than on my graduation day, but heck, I have a 6 month od baby! (And to tell you the truth, I've lost 20 pounds in the last year and a half- yeah me! - so, Check!)
I guess we're good to go...



Oh wait, I forgot the most important question: What shall I wear?

Lisa Kudrow as Michele Weinberger and Mira Sorvino as Romy White, Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997)

As cool and funky as their outfits were, I am NOT wearing that to my reunion* (one must always look appropriate even if one is a Costumeholic!).

*More on my outfit coming soon to a Blog near you.

2 comments:

  1. Je suis sûre que t'es supérieure à 90 % des gens qui te niaisaient au secondaire, alors t'en fais pas, ils ne te méritent pas. ;)

    ReplyDelete