Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday Weekly Wishlist: Charmed "All Halliwell's Eve"

I love the TV show Charmed (1998). I watched every season as they were aired and have watched them at least twice since. Not only did the sisters wear lovely cloths, they often got to wear costumes!

Of the eight seasons, my favorite episode is definitely #304 - All Halliwell's Eve (2000), in which the sisters are sent back in time to an 18th century New World Halloween where they learn about Wicca. I love that episode because it shows Halloween the way I see it and the way I like to celebrate it.

And so for years, I have wanted a costume in the style of what the Halliwell sister wear back in time. (I'm sure this is a surprise to you!)

Clare Carey as Eva, Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell, Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell and Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell, Episode #304 "All Halliwell's Eve" (2000), Charmed (1998)

What it basically is is your general Ren Faire outfit: a bell or puff sleeved shirt with drawstring neckline, a laced bodice, a wide skirt, with an optional apron, and a black cloak.

Clare Carey as Eva, Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell, Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell and Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell, Episode #304 "All Halliwell's Eve" (2000), Charmed (1998)

I pretty much have all I need to assemble the right look. Years ago, I bought a Medieval-Fashion shirt with wide elliptical lower sleeves (from the now closed Québec Medieval-Fashion chain L'Échoppe du Dragon Rouge) that looks very much like Prue's. I have my 18th century pink skirt which could do nicely. Lastly, I have a collection of bodices in a variety of colours that I can choose from: black, red, green and natural linen (I also have navy blue jacquard fabric to make one, should I choose to do so). Oh, lets not forget my black fleece cloak - the fabric is not period at all, but it is so comfy!

Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell, Episode #304 "All Halliwell's Eve" (2000), Charmed (1998)

The one thing I've been missing all of these years (and wanted to make for just as long) is an autumn leaf mask like the one Phoebe wears. But now...

Autumn Leaves Mask by Gwenyver

I've finally gone and made it! I have had the material for about a year, but I recently gave myself a big kick in the butt and actually made it. All it is is a satin covered mask from a craft store and some fabric leaves from the Dollar Store. I'm pretty proud of myself!

And so for once, I'm presenting a costume from my wishlist which I actually have! Maybe I'll wear that on Halloween, to distribute candy (instead of my Dark Maiden Gown).

I know, I just can't make-up my mind.

2 comments:

  1. was a great help seeing as halloween is coming up in a couple of months thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for the tank top that pheobe wore after Pru's death. Black with bling bling on the shoulders. Can anyone help with this?

    ReplyDelete