Thursday, December 3, 2009

Costume at Victoria's Secret 2009 Fashion Show

On Tuesday, CBS presented Victoria's Secret Annual Fashion Show. I know many gentlemen (and ladies) watch this for the lingerie, but I like it for the costumes and wings!


So, in no particular order, lets look (and possibly drool) on some of the fabulous accessories used to outfit these designer bras and panties.


Note: All pictures were borrowed from Marie Claire UK for illustration and costume study purposes. Also, I would love to credit each of the models, but I don't know them, so I do apologize for that.

Love the clockwork wings here. They are so Steampunk!

It's Little Red Ridding Hood! (And I will now restrain myself from making R rated jokes about the Big Bad Wolf.)

I like this one: it has a sexy Ice Queen feel.

Is anyone else getting images of Milla Jovovich as Leeloo (The Fifth Element - 1997)?

This just reminded me of Art History classes: Nude Descending a Staircase, a 1912 painting with both Cubist and Futurist elements by Marcel Duchamp.

If there was such a thing as "Peter Pan's Lost Girls", flying over the clouds, that is what I imagine they would look like.

I loved the wings of this one. Can you say "Bird of Paradise"?

Another nice wing getup, but this one should probably be called "Lust Angel". It's the red.

Clearly a 90's Techno inspiration here.

This one is probably my favorite (I know, I said no specific order, but it's fun to keep the best for last). You know me, blue and green always catch my eye. But here, it feels like a mixture of Ancient Egyptian influence (Lapis Blue, Malachite Green and Ruby Red) and Stained Glass work such as what you might find in a Cathedral. And are those Peacock feathers I see trimming the wings?

The funny thing about all of these outfits is that they are considered very sexy by the general public, and yet it is no worse than some of the costumes I have seen at Anime Conventions!

No comments:

Post a Comment