Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lost: Dharma Initiative Worker

I admit it, I have gotten Lost. My parents lent me the first four seasons on DVD a while back, but I have just begun to watch them and now, I can't stop. I know the show has been around since 2004, but I didn't start watching it back then, and when I tried latter I was, well, lost. It's tough to follow if you haven't seen all the shows.

It doesn't start off with very many costuming possibilities, as the story is a contemporary one, but but right away, I liked Shannon's clothes.

Maggie Grace as Shannon Rutherford, Lost (2004)

Sure, at first Shannon is a spoiled brat and you just want to smack her back to reality, but she wears nice things. I love the outfit she wears in the pilot: a dusty pink satin jacket, a pink tank top with sequined neckline, a turquoise and gold oval pendant, a white pleated mini skirt and gold strappy sandals.

Maggie Grace as Shannon Rutherford,"Hearts and Minds", Lost (2004)

I also liked the turquoise sequined top she wears in a flashback in "Hearts and Minds" (Season 1, episode 13). I know, it's a shocker: I like something turquoise.

If you like that series and you want to make yourself Lost costume, I suggest you go with a Dharma Initiative jumpsuit.

Dharma Initiative Jumpsuit Ad, by Hot Meteor

It's quite basic really. First, you need a gray or beige jumpsuit, like a Mechanic's. It can have patch pockets or zipped welt pockets, it doesn't matter.

Ken Leung as Miles Straume, Jorge Garcia as Hugo 'Hurley' Reyes and Daniel Dae Kim as Jin Kwon, Lost (2004)

On the left breast pocket, you will want to have your name embroidered in black, bold, capital letters, as well as your position, in smaller letters and underneath your name. For Example: Roger - Workman or Gwenyver - Costumer (okay, I doubt there would be a need for a Costumer on the Island).

And last but not least, you will need a Dharma Initiative patch to go over your name.

Lost "Dharma Initiative" Patch from J. Kerezman Costumes

You can choose from a number of stations: the Staff, the Arrow, the Swan, the Flame, the Pearl, the Orchid, the Hydra, the Looking Glass, the Tempest and the Lamp Post.

Personally, I would choose the Orchid because I like plants and gardening, and I would love to travel in time. Which station would you like to be a worker of?

1 comment:

  1. I searched for the longest time to find Desmond's jumpsuit. The legs and arms look removable and it has brass buttons at the waist. I was never successful and guess it may have been custom made.

    ReplyDelete